looking for something?

Monday, August 21, 2017

human mistakes

let me tell you an embarrassing story.

yesterday, as we were traveling to idaho for the total eclipse, i posted on my instagram story the following picture:



can you see the typo? (hint: smooth is not spelled with an "e")




internally i had the debate of, "do i take it down?" (2 hours later) "do i just leave it and not say anything?"... i was super embarrassed about the spelling error, as i followed up with these pictures: 





so you know what i learned? 

that it's ok to make a mistake. 

that it's ok to show that i am human. 

that it's ok to laugh at your mistakes. 

and that it's ok to not be perfect. 

that's why on this blog, i don't care about capitalization, or proper punctuation, or even grammar (#mostofthetime). b/c i am trying this new thing where i just blog and write how i want to. 

no this doesn't ruin my professional life, b/c at work, i still write properly. i know the rules.
 but guess what...

this is my blog. 

this is my voice

and these are my words

so if the "improper" use of the english language and the occasional spelling errors bother you, you don't have to keep reading. chances are i'll continue to make mistakes and that makes me human. 

part of depression is learning to make mistakes and accepting that i will always make them. this weekend and that picture taught me to laugh at myself and not let the depression take over.

xoxoxo

ps - the solar eclipse was A.MA.ZING










No comments:

Post a Comment