looking for something?

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

every BODY is different 

many of you know, i’ve been doing weight watchers for about 4 months now. first - it’s been the best weight loss program not only for my physically but for me mentally. my group leader and the other people help me so much. i love attending meetings and feel really lost without them. 

i haven’t been losing weight like i wanted to, so i stayed after to talk to my leader. she gave me some awesome advice and finished with

 “but you honestly look great. when you walked in i wondered, what is she doing here.” 

i accepted the compliment, but it got me thinking. 

those women see me as “ideal.” 

but i don’t see that. 

those women see me as “thin.” 

but i don’t see that. 

of course, we are our own worst critics. 

all. the. time. 

what matters is how YOU feel. 

if YOU feel unhealthy or overweight - change it. 

if YOU feel great - great! 

it all is relative to what you want in your life. 

at weight watchers, they speak of your “why.” 

WHY are you trying to lose weight? WHY do you want to be healthy? 

for me, it’s to feel good, confident, and strong. 
it’s to have a healthy relationship with food and eating.

so here's to loving my self enough to take care of my body.  

2 comments:

  1. You be you!!!
    I'm super dee duper proud of you, and impressed with your go get it attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I know I'm thin, but I want to be more strong and defined, not just because I think I look my prettiest like that, but because it makes me feel healthy and confident and strong. Every body is different. Someone thicker than me might think that my body is ideal to them, but I have my sights set on a better body still--one that will make ME happy. Thank you Alisha, it was good to read this post ❤️

    ReplyDelete