looking for something?

Monday, November 13, 2017

i'm not sorry to be thankful

ah november. 


everyone posting all of their gratitude lists, pumpkin spice still lingering in the air. it's the time between true fall and true winter when the world just waits for a season of giving. 

i love seeing what everyone is thankful for this time of year because it reminds me to be grateful for everything. but this year, i'm implementing a new practice into my daily habits: 

replacing my "sorry's" with "thank you's"

for instance: 

"i'm sorry i made a mistake." turns to "thank you for catching my error." 

when i am constantly apologizing, i tend to internally beat myself up about every little thing. i did "wrong." 

at work. at home. at school. in relationships. 

and you know what? it has become so relieving to not feel like i have to constantly apologize for all my behaviors. 

while it doesn't replace all the times you need to say sorry, i truly believe in sincere apologies,
 "thank you" can really change the way you view yourself. 

so here are some of the things i've replaced: 

"i'm sorry for being late." "thank you for waiting for me." 

"i'm sorry that i suck at this." "thank you for taking the time to help me learn." 

"sorry i don't make much sense." "thank you for clarifying my words." 

"sorry i can be a pain sometimes." "thank you for loving me unconditionally." 

"sorry i ramble on and on." "thank you for listening to everything i say." 

i love this from theawesomedaily.com - 



so the next time you start to apologize for something that needs no apology, try to replace it with 
thank you. 

you'll be surprised what you learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment